A professional registration company provides dedicated and trained advisors to complete a vendor’s government registration, connect vendors with procurement officers, and email vendors with bid notifications.
- ‘In-out-in’ model could be answer to defense workforce shortages, experts say July 22, 2019Sometimes, it’s ok to let go. A model for retaining government talent by training young professionals and then letting them go to the private sector could be the answer for workforce shortages, according to some experts — that is if the government can work with the private sector to bring them back. The idea, dubbed “in […]Jackson Barnett
- Many workers at AI companies have reservations about law enforcement use, survey finds July 22, 2019Employees at top tech companies producing artificial intelligence and facial recognition are largely fearful of the misuse of the technologies — but that doesn’t keep them, in many cases, from being willing to produce it for law enforcement or military use, according to a new survey. Slightly more than half of the Microsoft, Google and Amazon […]Billy Mitchell
- Google is making a ‘mistake’ with its AI choices, former U.S. officials say July 22, 2019Two former high-ranking national security officials are criticizing Google for developing artificial intelligence in China while backing out of working with the Department of Defense, a move they said could benefit Chinese military and intelligence services. Ash Carter, secretary of Defense under President Barack Obama, said Thursday that Google could be helping the Chinese military without knowing it. And […]Jackson Barnett
- CompTIA, White House promise 625,000 worker certifications by 2024 July 22, 2019The Computing Technology Industry Association pledged to certify 625,000 workers in IT skills by 2024, citing hundreds of thousands of job vacancies, at a White House meeting on Monday. A nonprofit trade association that runs “vendor neutral” training programs, CompTIA estimates tech jobs account for 8 percent of the nation’s workforce — one in every […]Dave Nyczepir
- 14 new security ‘deficiencies’ found in IRS information systems July 19, 2019IRS information systems and data are at risk due to weaknesses in access controls and other security procedures, according to a new report. The Government Accountability Office audited IRS financial statements from fiscal 2017 and 2018 and found 14 new “deficiencies” in information system security controls — on top of unresolved problems from prior audits. If […]Dave Nyczepir
Grants Modified Opportunity List by Agency
- Indian Women Social Entrepreneurs Network July 23, 2019C-NOFO-19-103
- Statement of Interest and Capacity - 2019 July 23, 2019SFOP0005999
- Policy Analysis and Capacity APS July 23, 20197200AA19APS00003
- USAGov’s Apps to Download in 2018 July 22, 2019Content
- Inspire Action and Change Lives April 17, 2019Each year, people around the U.S. share creative and innovative ways to highlight substance abuse prevention and positive mental health initiatives.
- Is an Unclaimed Tax Refund Waiting for You? March 28, 2019Many lower income earners may not even realize they’re eligible for special tax credits or a refund. Don’t miss out on money that’s yours.
Follow me on Twitter Tweets by @GPMGovReg