A professional registration company provides dedicated and trained advisors to complete a vendor’s government registration, connect vendors with procurement officers, and email vendors with bid notifications.
- It took a pandemic for OPM to adopt cloud September 23, 2020The need to make informed telework decisions during the pandemic led the Office of Personnel Management to create its cloud practice from scratch, said a senior advisor to OPM’s chief information officer. OPM‘s facilities management team was spending two to three hours a day scraping data on COVID-19 cases from state and federal websites. Only then could the team […]Dave Nyczepir
- Technology Business Management could play a role in future FITARA Scorecards September 23, 2020As Congress continues to evolve the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act Scorecard, federal officials believe lawmakers will integrate the Technology Business Management (TBM) framework to paint a better picture of the impact that agency IT investments have on mission outcomes. The Office of Management and Budget is beginning to add more data to the federal IT Dashboard about […]Billy Mitchell
- Air Force taps AT&T 5G to boost network services at 3 bases September 23, 2020The Air Force inked a deal with AT&T to bring 5G wireless technology to three new bases in support of the service’s enterprise IT-as-a-service and network-as-a-service models, the company announced Wednesday. Under the partnership, AT&T will set up its low-latency networks at Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado; Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska; and Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska to improve […]Jackson Barnett
- Interior awards its last major EIS task order for $483M September 23, 2020The Department of the Interior has largely finished the procurement portion of its transition to the new, governmentwide contract for information technology and telecommunications, following the award of a nearly $483 million voice services task order. Interior awarded the task order covering telephone and conferencing services to the economically disadvantaged, women-owned small business Core Technologies […]Dave Nyczepir
- The Census Bureau’s move to zero trust begins with the cloud September 22, 2020The Census Bureau needs time to move to a zero-trust security architecture because it’s still in the early stages of cloud migration, said Chief Information Security Officer Beau Houser. While the bureau uses cloud services, it can’t abandon its wide network perimeter in favor of smaller ones around particular IT assets until more of those assets are in […]Dave Nyczepir
Grants Modified Opportunity List by Agency
- Natural Resource Survey and Habitat Enhancement for the United States Army on Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Washington State September 24, 2020W912DW-20-2-RFP2
- Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit, Great Basin CESU September 24, 2020G20AS00140
- Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit, Rocky Mountain CESU September 24, 2020G20AS00138
- USAGov’s Quick Guide to Voting in 2020 September 18, 2020Election Day 2020 is just about six weeks away. With voter registration deadlines approaching soon, it’s time to make sure you’re ready.
- Seven Tips to Stay Prepared for the 2020 Hurricane Season September 2, 2020The 2020 hurricane season lasts until November 30. According to predictions from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), this season may be more active than previous years.
- Online Safety in the Age of Digital Learning September 2, 2020Children in 2020 have different levels of experience with technology. Regardless of their expertise, prepare to discuss online safety with them. Consider the following tips from USAGov when teaching kids about staying safe online.
Follow me on Twitter Tweets by @GPMGovReg