A professional registration company provides dedicated and trained advisors to complete a vendor’s government registration, connect vendors with procurement officers, and email vendors with bid notifications.
- What’s holding agencies back in adopting zero trust? February 27, 2020Agencies are speeding up their adoption of zero-trust security, but legacy applications, compliance restrictions, politics and cultural issues all continue to slow larger ones, in particular, down. The National Institute of Standards and Technology defines zero trust as the narrowing of cyberdefenses from wide network perimeters to micro-perimeters around individual or small groups of IT assets. […]Dave Nyczepir
- New EHR go-live date is July 2020, VA secretary says February 27, 2020The Department of Veterans Affairs electronic health records modernization program that was delayed in early February has a new go-live date for its first hospital: July 2020. VA Secretary Robert Wilkie told lawmakers Thursday that the “goal” is to have the program debut, as planned, at a Spokane, Washington, facility sometime during that month. But he would not commit […]Jackson Barnett
- Don’t call it a comeback: GAO reverts to old website after crash February 26, 2020The Government Accountability Office is playing it safe and keeping an older version of its website live for several days, after the data center that hosts the redesigned site went down earlier this week. GAO.gov was offline from about 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time Monday, when the site was mostly restored. Reston, Virginia-based host company Contegix had tweeted at 3:20 […]Dave Nyczepir
- How one data-driven agency — the Census Bureau — found extra value in machine learning February 26, 2020Like many agencies, the Census Bureau looks for reductions in expenses and workloads when it makes decisions about machine learning. But the agency has discovered another advantage in the technology: It can find data that employees never knew they needed. More than 100 different surveys are handled by siloed programs within the Census Bureau, and the capture, instrumentation, processing […]Dave Nyczepir
- Pentagon leaders push for emerging technology R&D increase in 2021 February 26, 2020The Pentagon’s top leaders are campaigning to increase the military’s “foundation” of emerging technology research and development in the fiscal 2021 budget Bolstering R&D funding for technologies like artificial intelligence, 5G, data integration for Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) and hypersonic weapons will ensure the U.S. keeps pace with new changes in the “character” of warfare, Secretary of […]Jackson Barnett
Grants Modified Opportunity List by Agency
- Atmospheric Water Extraction (AWE) February 28, 2020HR001120S0014
- Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Chronic Disease Management for People with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) February 28, 2020HHS-2020-ACL-NIDILRR-DPHF-0393
- FY2020 Trash-Free Great Lakes Grant Program - Trash Removal in Great Lakes Communities February 28, 2020EPA-R5-GL2020-TFC
- Have Questions About Scams? Join Our Twitter Chat on March 5 February 27, 2020Join the upcoming live Twitter chat on Thursday, March 5, 2020, at 11 AM ET for tips, important resources, and answers to your questions about scams and fraud.
- Six Scams to Be Wary of in 2020 February 25, 2020If you’re convinced that scams only affect a particular group of people, think again. Sadly, millions of Americans are targeted by scammers every year.
- Kids and Depression February 13, 2020Learn the signs and risk factors for depression in teens and younger children and find out how you can help them heal.
Follow me on Twitter Tweets by @GPMGovReg